Saturday, September 29, 2018

POSTURE: The Unending Fight Against Gravity




Nothing will ruin all your good work at the gym faster than bad posture. There are quite a few guys and girls at my gym who are impressively muscled yet have really poor posture, and since mirrors are everywhere, how can they not see this? 

I work on posture throughout the day. Immediately after getting out of bed at 5 a.m. When I walk the dog, wash dishes, carry heavy things. But most markedly I make a great effort at the gym as I work out to stand straight and tall, stomach in, shoulders back, chest out as I do curls, delts and all the rest. But in between sets is the hardest, as I am depleted physically, trying to recover for the next set, and maintaining good posture while struggling for breath isn’t easy or pleasant.

Good posture while performing your exercises is a necessity in the pursuit of proper form. Proper form = optimum results.

No comments:

Post a Comment