Saturday, December 1, 2018

Dexter Jackson Wants You To Lighten Up


I've stated before that you have to decide whether your goal is to be a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, because combining the two only leads to injury and compromised results. So many guys at the gym are fixated on "going heavy," while their resultant poor form, physical struggle and poor esthetics should be telling them they're spinning their wheels.
I get puzzled looks from guys at my gym when I'm doing presses with 30lb dumbbells and they're struggling with 60s, yet my chest size and shape is similar to theirs. Their entire set is an awkward precarious struggle with their delts doing most of the work (it's a CHEST exercise, not a SHOULDER exercise). Mine is fluid and controlled with my pecs in charge of the movement and minimal shoulder involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment