Friday, October 4, 2019

Smoking Is Just Fuckin’ Stupid

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2019/09/30/vaping-epidemic-series-origins-gupta-pkg-vpx-newday.cnn

How does a person grow up hearing every day from birth onward that smoking maims and kills, yet at some point decides, “Yeah! I want to learn how to inhale burning poisoned shit without choking or puking because it looks like so much fun. It’ll take practice and dedication, and I’ll stink so bad a lot of people will be repulsed, but it’ll all be worth it. And inexpensive too!”

As a kid I was trapped with chain smoking parents in a little house that was sealed up for 8 months of the year against brutal winters. I was sick a lot, my eyes always itched and burned and although there wasn’t always money to buy meat on the 2 days preceding my father’s payday, there was always money for my parents' “sick-erettes,” as I nicknamed them. 

My mom nearly shit a brick when at about age 11 I refused to buy her cigs at the corner store any longer, where she’d send me with a note, which was how it was done in the olden days before laws were passed against adults using children as drug mules.

She died of lung cancer, as did my older brother and sister who were also allowed to smoke in the house.

Now the whole vaping thing is insane, but I can’t wring out one iota of sympathy for people so idiotic that they conclude inhaling burning garbage into their one and only set of lungs is logical, glamorous or cool. Organ transplants are not meant for people who have intentionally set out to destroy their own vital organs.

No comments:

Post a Comment