Sunday, August 13, 2017

Here’s Your Instant MakeOver - You’re Welcome.


Richard Sullivan at age 60

As a professional photographer allow me to tell you that many of the photos you see online and in print of celebrities and everyday people are meticulously curated.
This means that despite the often casual, off-the-cuff vibe the photo exhibits, much care and thought has gone into its creation.

For a fitness blogger or Instagram star POSTURE is the number one most important detail of any selfie or posed shot. Most people do not display great posture 24/7 because… gravity.

Gravity is pulling us down always and good posture requires the ongoing fight against gravity. So, stand tall, shoulders down, back and relaxed. Chest out, forward, stretched a bit. Legs spread apart, knees unlocked. Stomach pulled in. Spine elongated, as in, standing as tall as your body allows. That’s a lot!

Readjusting our posture provides an instant makeover. Nothing we can do is so comparatively effortless and at the same time makes a HUGE difference in our physique. Working to improve and solidify good posture makes all the difference in our looks but also in the message we’re sending out: that we are confident and excel physically.

I don’t have the mental energy to be totally aware at all times of my posture. The worst posture for me is when I am working in the kitchen, a room which, because I rarely eat out, I constantly inhabit. When I’m not cooking or eating I am prepping or cleaning up - which I don’t enjoy and thus find myself rushing through the task to get it over with - and that’s when my posture goes to hell. When I catch myself I immediately go into good posture mode, but I don’t always become aware right away or remain aware as I am preoccupied with the kitchen tasks.


Another poor posture time is while driving. I wasn’t even aware of this until I came across a YouTube video by a video blogger that pointed this out and offered solutions. Go to YouTube and search “driving posture” for the many videos on this overlooked subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment