Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fitness Bands Provide A Unique Result


I used to scoff at fitness bands. I mean, really? The Rubber Band Workout? How absurd. To me it reeked of 1 a.m. infomercial material. 

Boy, was I wrong!

Fitness bands are unlike free weights, unlike machines, unlike cables. Fitness bands, because they keep the target muscle under constant tension provide a unique feel and a unique result.

For decades I’ve made fun of those people who without any proof whatsoever argue that “real” muscle can only be built using free weights, and that gym machines were a cop out—stated with authority as if science had conducted a double-blind study to back their ridiculous conclusion.

As those of us who have dramatically changed our bodies well know, ALL resistance training builds and shapes muscle, and arguing about which is superior is a waste of time and intellect.


“Mix it up” is the advice I’ve taken. Keep your muscles guessing. Don’t fall into the rut of a habitual unchanging workout. Keep your workout interesting. Experiment. There is no one answer or method to building muscle or pursuing fitness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment