Monday, October 2, 2017

REVIEW: Master of Muscle SHRED BANDS


A few weeks ago I ordered a set of Master of Muscle SHRED BANDS fitness bands on Amazon.com. My previous set was made by a company called Flexsolate/Gym In A Bag. With age and use, the Flexsolate bands finally gave out and snapped in half. Exercise bands of course do not last forever and it is recommended with heavy use they be replaced after 90 days.

What I liked about the Flexsolate band design was the plastic hooks for attaching the handles. What I don’t like about the Master of Muscle SHRED BANDS is all the metal used in their design, especially the hefty carabiners. Having been hit painfully in the hand by the small plastic hook when the Flexsolate bands broke, I am wary of the hefty metal parts used in the Master of Muscle SHRED BANDS model due to the potential for injury if the same thing happens.

On my very first set using the brand-new Master of Muscle SHRED BANDS model, using the heavy 20 lb. black band, the end of the band where it connects to the interchangeable handles broke. The plastic pellet inserted in the end of the hollow band popped out, disconnecting the handle. Luckily I was not injured.


What this taught me, because I am an advanced user doing heavy exercises, is never rely on a single band. Instead, utilize two (or more) lighter bands where possible rather than one single heavy band. This distributes the stress across two or more bands, diminishing the chance of failure, and if one does fail, the remaining intact band should minimize a fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment