Saturday, February 24, 2018

Working Out When Sick

[illustration from generation iron.com]

The last thing I want to do if I’m sick is work out, so it’s interesting how much I read on the subject, such as, some people really like working out when sick.
This is a personal decision—except when it involves a gym or other public place. Intentionally exposing others to your microbes is selfish to the extreme, so don’t do it.
I’m currently getting over the flu and it’s been 2 weeks of extreme unpleasantness, not to mention loss of income, loss of hard-won muscle mass, and a lot of lost time. There’s no way to pinpoint how I got the flu, whether it was someone at the gym, supermarket or other public place. From what I’ve read we are infectious even before we feel sick, so there’s nobody to blame really.
I had the flu vaccination and it has been at least 15 years since I had the flu previous, so I felt pretty much impervious as I do have a robust immune system and do not abuse my health, but this time around it got me.

If you fall ill please do the world a favor and stay home rather than go into work or continue a public life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment